Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A New Literary Agency...

By Marisa A. Corvisiero

After over two years with the L. Perkins agency, I'm very exited to announce that as of March 1, 2012 I will be opening the proverbial doors to the Corvisiero Literary Agency, LLC. My last few years have been an amazing learning and growing experience. I am grateful to Lori Perkins for the opportunity to work and learn from her and her team (Louise Fury and Saritza Hernandez). What started off as helping author friends submit their work, evolved into something I could have never imagined. I love being an agent, and I feel that these last years have really prepared me in way of skills, contacts, and knowledge of the industry to head my own agency. I'm happy to say that my Jr. Agents Jordy Albert and Brittany Booker will be joining me in this new endeavor.

We are all eager to make this the most successful and accessible agency! We will be working closely with Literary Powerhouse Consulting, my other baby, in order to also provide authors with services beyond agenting and beyond literary services to help them improve their skills, their work, and their careers!

As we get closer to March, I will be posting the new website address and submission guidelines. We are implementing a new electronic submission system that will help authors submit their queries online, and also see status updates simply by logging on! It's going to be an excellent tool for efficiency for the agency and it will help authors always know where they are in queue. There will be no more wondering if the query made it in, if it was declined, or when it is being read! Stay tuned for posts with more information.

For now, I will tell you that I will continue to represent most of the same work that I have been representing. I'm primarily looking for well drafted stories with a unique voice and well developed characters. The heat level of a romance, the action of a thriller, the explicitness of all may vary, but it has to fit an awesome plot. I love unique stories, especially in mixed genres. I will consider Romance, Thrillers, Adventure, Paranormal, Fantasy, Science Fiction, and the same for Young Adults and Middle Grade readers. In non-fiction I enjoy out of box and high concept spiritual, self improvement, parenting, science, and pop-culture.

My Jr. Agents are currently in training and helping me with the submissions that are sent to me. When their status changes, I'll be sure to let you know. In the mean time, please don't submit anything until we make the announcement with the proper guidelines.

Thanks for reading. We hope to hear from you!

~Marisa

29 comments:

  1. Congratulations on moving out on your own!
    We will make sure to have you back to the Dallas Ft. Worth area for our next DFW Writers' Conference!

    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome news. I'm looking forward to submitting to you in the near future.
    Congratulations and all the best to you and your Jr. Agents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marisa,

    How will this affect submittals that you are currently reviewing?

    Christina Weigand
    http://www.weigandchris.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somehow I had a feeling this was coming. Congratulations to you Marisa, I'm really excited for you.

    Now I know a lot of people are going to be wondering so I'll be the one to ask. What will happen to all the manuscripts that are in your "To Be Read" pile. Will they be going with you to your new digs?

    Best of luck, I will be looking forward to seeing more. It sounds like you'll have an excellent electronic system for queries and whatnot. Very elegant and user-friendly for writers and your staff. It sounds like you all are taking Agent Representation to a whole new level. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Much luck in your endeavors. You have all the skills and grace to do well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to making the move with you. It should be an exciting ride.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am proud of your accomplishments and am sure that you will be quite sucdcessful in this new literary agency. Jordy Alberts is a class act and shining asset. I look forward to being either a part of this team one day or to simply root for you girls from my underground cavern.

    Again, Congrats and Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great news! I wish you the very best success in both endeavors. Congratulations on taking this big step!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your new agency. I have been following you on Facebook and your blog since you started as an agent. So excited you decided you were ready to start your own agency. And I love how authors will be able to check the status of their queries.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marisa, best of luck with your new venture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marisa what is the plan for those manuscripts you requested in the fall? Will you still be reading those and making decisions on whether or not those authors can join your new venture along side of you?

    ReplyDelete
  12. From a writer's point of view, the 'no response means no' is one of the most frustrating aspects of submitting a query.

    We appreciate this unique approach to those submitting their work and wondering if it was received.

    I wish you well in your new adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! What a wonderful next step in your career.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is wonderful news and I am so happy for you! Congratulations and I wish you all the best in your new endeavor!

    Good luck to your Jr. Agents as well. I hope they find this new adventure rewarding also!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! I'm very happy for you. A very positive jump and I'm sure you will do very well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Look forward to March 1st. I'll send a query for BABY DOE.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Very happy for you! I'm sure you will do very well. I particularly like the ability to check on the status of a submission. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on the new agency, that sounds really exciting!

    Your online submission system sounds like a godsend-- I haven't started querying yet, but all the research I've done leads to a lot of rants by "aspiring authors" who angst about the issues your system will address. Hopefully yours will inspire other agencies to follow suit.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds very exciting. Just the whole idea of the query submission process is mind blowing. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on the new endeavor!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome!! I look forward to March. Good luck with the agency!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good luck with striking out on your own. I think your literary consulting agency looks very interesting as well.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good luck! I hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I was researching the agents for the NE Conference in Salem, and found your new venture. This blog has some very exciting information. I will definitely check back, and hopefully secure an appointment with you in April. I have one novel published with Red Sage, and am now working on a women's fiction set in the world of Thoroughbred racing, with a whole lot less sex! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I read your "Submission Guidelines" tab above. That electronic tracking system should really be implemented across the board for all literary agencies! What a great concept, makes you wonder why it isn't more widely adopted.

    Best,

    Rashad.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Two days till the new agency opens - woo hoo!! Any updates yet on submission guidelines for those of us who are very excited about your new venture and patiently waiting to bombard you??

    ReplyDelete
  27. It's March 1st! Do we have guidelines up? I've been waiting to send you my second novel, Disintegration. I have an offer on it, but wanted to see if you thought we could do better. I'll keep checking back.

    ReplyDelete
  28. It's March 1st, do we have guidelines yet? I've been waiting for you to open the doors since you became independent. My second novel Disintegration, a neo-noir, transgressive thriller could be your kind of project. I have an offer, but wanted to see if you thought we could do better. I'll keep checking back.

    ReplyDelete